Tuesday 31 July 2012

Nail.head Candy

Nail.head Candy
Bob Popovic's surf candy was a real popular and effective pattern, and recently he have also came out with a brilliant idea of stick-on fish head profile call Fleye Foils. 



Well.... we don't get these awesome materials in Malaysia.... with a combine idea of a Fleye Foils and Fish Skull... I came out with this crazy idea of using artificial stick on nail which I found in my wife's dressing table...

Ooopss..... my wife is going to get mad again... I bet..!!! 
After she found her rubber glove missing... now.. her stick on nail gone...

Soon... will be seeing guys... walking into cosmetics outlet and purchasing these 'nails'.... those sales girls are going to start wondering... what the hack men buying these nail for...?

Just tell them..... it a 'trend'... you use our feather for hair fashion, we are going to use your nail for fly tying.... :p

Materials:

Stick on artificial nail from your wife dressing drawer...
Daiichi or similar Saltwater hook
Craft fur
Polar flash
3D stick on eye
Marker
Clear UV cure epoxy - make sure it's non tacky

This is the 1st prototype that I tie...

the second one with more nails...


So this is the step by step tying instruction.... keep it out and do not let your wife know about it....
I don't wanna keep getting snizzzz whole day... ( cursed by them )


Different size of nails...  not the one on my last finger please..!!!

Fold the nail and trim to get the desire shape you want, stick on the 3D eye

Another view on the folded nail

Prepare the hook

Tie in the craft fur

Tie in some polar flash

Tie in the craft fur again

Apply some control gel super glue and stick it on

Pour in the epoxy.... I mean fill the base... some air will trap in the craft fur... this is good, that will balance the weight distribution

Dry it with UV light

Color the head and the craft fur with marker

Apply a thin coat of epoxy on the nail-head and now fill in more on the base

Dry it with UV light

Now the Nail.head Candy is ready

View from below...

Very Important note when you tie this pattern...

Look below

.

.
.
.
.
.

Don't tell your wife I'm responsible for her missing 'NAILS'

Cheers... have fun tying

3 comments:

  1. Too late! I already have found some great things in my husbands fly tying materials for my scrapbooking but now i will have to share this information with him. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful artworks dron, nicely created blog i found it very helpful. Kelvin

    ReplyDelete